Master of Nursing
Federation University Australia (FedUni) has multiple campuses in Victoria, Australia and has achieved a maximum five-star rating for teaching quality in the Good Universities Guide from 2010-2014. As one of Victoria’s 5-star universities, FedUni offers over 400 comprehensive study programs – ranging from short term courses to degrees and beyond. The Ballarat and Mount Helen campuses are well known for their nursing programs. Ranked number one in Victoria for student support, FedUni has the highest rate of graduates in overall employment of any Victorian-based university, and average starting salaries are higher than graduates from other Australian universities as well, as per the Good Universities Guide report. Nursing and paramedicine students can gain hands-on practice in real-life challenging settings in the simulated home environment learning space at Mt Helen.
Selected University details
- Federation University
- Duration : 1.5 years
- Delivery mode : Online/on campus
- IELTS Overall 6 not less than 5.5 or equivalent
- Bachelor of Nursing/ Graduate Certificate in Nursing/ Graduate Diploma of Nursing completed
This program is suitable for those students who have a special interest in research and who want to engage in an in-depth probe of an issue of concern to the nursing profession with the aid of supervision.
The degree is presented on the basis of a thesis showing a grasp of the knowledge and skills relevant to the area of investigation as well as a critical appreciation and understanding of the relationship of his or her own work to that of others.
A Masters by Research degree offers an advanced qualification for numerous careers. The qualification will empower graduates to improve their professional practice by assuming independent research while at the same time contributing to their employer’s objectives.
- Aged care researcher
- Clinical education researcher
- Consumer wellbeing researcher
- Diabetes management researcher
- Ethics researcher
- Leadership researcher
- Mental health researcher
- Patient safety researcher
- Technologies researcher
- Workforce development researcher
- Workplace and practice development researcher
- Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall with no band less than 6.0; or equivalent
- Bachelor degree and subsequent additional honours degree (first or second class) which includes a dissertation demonstrating the ability to undertake reasearch at a Masters level; OR Honours equivalence, such as a combination of professional, qualification and research experience, including Masters by coursework.