Frequently Asked Questions

Get quick answers to your most frequently asked questions!

Internationally qualified nurses are required to submit an application to the Nursing & Midwifery board of Australia (called AHPRA) for an eligibility letter. Upon receiving the eligibility letter you may apply to colleges or Universities for admission to a bridging program. Thereon you may obtain registration which will enable you to work as a registered nurse in Australia.

You must have obtained IELTS academic grade of 7 for listening, reading, writing and speaking tests, and an overall grade of not less than 7. Or You must have OET not less than A or B in all modules. Equivalent PTE and TOEFL scores are acceptable. Clubbing scores are acceptable. Please refer to AHPRA website for more details on clubbing.

Your family can join you upon obtaining a job visa, soon after you find a job.

You can attend the bridging program on visa subclass 600 (Business visitor Stream) or visa subclass 500 (Student visa)

The processing time for the bridging program is approximately 4-5 months.

Yes, our associate office Health Careers International in Melbourne & Perth will provide assistance in regards to accommodation, transportation, visa, job search and any associated help you may require.

Sub Class-600

1415 and 956A

3 month (or 1 year multiple entry visa depending on the visa application meeting conditions)

No, you cannot extend a visiting visa.

501, 502, 707, 708 and 716

Single entry means you can enter and exit only once, multiple entry means you will have to exit every three months.

Savings or fixed minimum 3 month maturity or a Loan

Source means show documents proving from where has the fund come to the applicant. All sources are not accepted.

Any blood relative

Loan against FD

15 to 45 working days

Depends on College requirements but mostly a list of standard immunizations are provided at the time of getting the offer letter.

Blood titer reports and mandatory vaccines

6 months

Yes, from the nearest Passport Seva kendra or Akshaya center - depends on the country you live.

All of your traveling documents and original certificates

Yes you can keep 1 pair

This visa doesn’t permit to take your family

Depends upon climate at the time of travelling. But do carry some formal wear and a few traditional attire for occasions.

Approximately 3000 AUD

Yes, we do recommend you travel with a return ticket.

Yes, insurance can be taken initially for 1 month and then extended to cover the length of total duration of stay.

Australian Federal Police Check. This is a mandatory requirement.

You have to explain the gap and the reason in your Statement of Purpose.

Guidelines will be sent to you by our Visa experts so that can you build a strong SOP.

Application for a Student Visa is an online process

You can definitely apply, but as it involves lots of risk we don’t recommend it.

Yes, most of the universities will help candidates with initial accommodation arrangements

Yes, You may make your own accommodation arrangements.

Migration for nurses is possible only after gaining registration in Australia.

By either undergoing the adaptation course for nurses on meeting eligibility criteria or a Study program which leads to registration with the nursing board

The candidate must be minimum Bachelors, should clear the English language requirement and must have an experience of Min 3 months in the last 5 years. On getting a Decision Letter from the nursing board, candidate needs to undergo the adaptation program. On completion of the adaptation course, they can gain registration.

The candidate must be Bachelors, should possess English language requirements, and must have an experience of minimum 2 years in the last 5 years. On getting Decision Letter from New Zealand Nursing Council, needs to successfully complete the CAP adaptation course.

AHPRA application fee is 660 AUD and NZ CAP application fee is 650 NZD

The candidate must be a Diploma/Bachelors Nurse. Must possess English language requirement and must have 1 year experience in the last 5 years where they hold registration. Applicant needs to pass the nursing board exams in Ireland including a clinical exam.

The candidate must be a Diploma/Bachelors Nurse. Must possess English language requirement and must have 1 year experience in the last 5 years where they hold registration. Candidates have to successfully pass the nursing tests including a clinical exam in UK.

These are short courses for international nurses to meet the nursing standards of each country. These are mandatory to gain registration/ to become Registered Nurse.

Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for their chosen course including the English language requirements. On application to the University, they will be offered a place depending on availability for the intake. Most universities do not accept a break in studies of more than 5 years (exceptions are considered).

Yes, but most universities recommend applying through an authorized agent.

You can either transfer it from your bank or through any good Forex agent.

Yes, unless your course does not require it.

Yes, it is mandatory to have prior work experience in order to apply to AHPRA.

Still have a question?

If you cannot find answer to your question in our FAQ,
you can always Contact us . We will answer to you shortly!

Contact us